Documents required to declare death
- Medical death certificate prepared and signed by the doctor who did the finding;
- Acts of the deceased;
- The identity of the deceased;
- Birth and marriage certificate, if applicable;
- Military ID or, if applicable, certificate of appointment, for persons subject to military obligations to 60 years;
- The identity of the declarant;
- Maintenance of the deceased Act, as applicable.
In special cases
Proof issued by police or prosecutors agreed when death from suicide, an accident or other violent death or if the registration is more than 3 days from the date of its occurrence.
In these cases of death, it is mandatory to have a Prosecutor Office stamp.
The report prepared by the doctor – if body found.
Communication from the prison administration in case the person died in a penitentiary institution.
The legal term for a declaration of death in Romania is 3 days after death. Documents are submitted to the Office of deaths within the Civil Service.
Forms completed by applicant
- Statement by the legal heirs and estate, if the deceased was residing in the municipality of Brasov.
- Statement of reasons of absence or military service record of the identity of the deceased.
- Application for death in case of breach of the statutory period.
Note: all documents are submitted are required to be in original and copy.
Death certificate (is obtained based on the documents mentioned in marital status or mayor in whose jurisdiction the death occurred).
Office for records of deaths – Brasov City Hall
Heroes Boulevard. No 8
Tel: 0268 416 550 ext. 168
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 09:00 – 13:00
Marital status – Brasov City Hall
Office 27 – Death Records
(Entrance from N. Iorga Street)
Funeral government help
CNPAS funeral aid granted is a legal right of all pensioners and insured in accordance with Law 263/2010 and for 2014 the amount is 2,298 Lei. Aid is granted to a family member or the person who was responsible for the burial of the deceased, if it received a pension from the National House of Pensions.
Besliu funeral services of Brasov can help prepare the papers required to revieve the pansion due for you to collect, or, you can sign over legal empowerment to us so we can can proceed with the entire process and simply deduct the pension payment from the total funeral services cost.
Documents required to file preparation bereavement
- Aid application form for burial;
- Death certificate (original and copy);
- Pension certificate of the deceased;
- The identity of the applicant’s birth certificate and / or marriage (original and copy);
- Documentation showing that the applicant has incurred funeral expenses (invoices and receipts).
If the applicant does not have documents proving the expenses of death, the death benefit can be paid to the entitled person on a statement on own responsibility that they have borne the funeral expenses. The contents of the statement shall expressly mention the fact that the person has knowledge of article 292 Penal Code, respectively: “declaring inadequate truth, or any false representation made to state agencies or other units of the referred article 145, in order to produce legal consequences for him or for another, when, according law or circumstances, the declaration serves to produce those consequences, is punishable with imprisonment from three months to two years or a fine.”